Sunday, April 29, 2007

3/14/06 All he needs to do for the rest of his life to make everybody happy

AI performance: "LIVIN’ FOR THE CITY"



Taylor comes out on the stage and the first thing I think is, "Nice suit, Taylor!" and the second thing I think is, "Wow. He looks great in that suit…different then before…did they fix his hair…?" And then I’m listening to the song. So smoooooth! He sings this song and moves around as if he were the coolest dude ever. Like Dean Martin smooth, or Frank Sinatra smooth, but with some crazy Taylor moves thrown in, like the Taylor-Go-Round and some soulful growls in the vocals.

It is perfect. When he is done, I stand and cheer in my living room again. I don’t care about watching any other contestant anymore. They are all boring and uninteresting, while Taylor is FASCINATING.

I notice that when Paula tells Taylor that "This is all you need to be doing for the rest of your life just to make everybody happy," Taylor is for the first time at a loss for words and obviously moved by the comment. Seeing his feelings out there like that is adorable.. I hear myself say, "Awwwwwww, how sweet!"

And the harmonica tease...We all wanted that harmonica so bad, but we couldn't have it...

No comments: