Sunday, April 29, 2007

3/21/06 Taylor gets me to vote. What have I become?

AI performance: "NOT FADE AWAY" (50’s theme week)



Much to my surprise, I found I was waiting to see Taylor on Tuesday, March 21 for the entire previous 6 days. I was thinking of American Idol on Tuesday night ALL THE TIME… for a week! It was very distracting.

When American Idol comes on that night I was so excited that it was hard to sit still. What the heck is going on? Why am I so excited? I hope no one notices…

And then Taylor sang, "Not Fade Away." I was devastated. Where was that…that… spark? Where was Taylor? I feel sad. Let down. And then I thought: WHAT IF HE GETS VOTED OUT???

Intense fear overpowers me and this leads to: MY FIRST ACTUAL AI VOTE. I somehow overcame my overwhelming aversion to EVER voting for any contestant of this, the cheesiest cheese show on cheesy TV, and I dialed that cheese number, oh, 20 or 30 times, desperately trying to ensure seeing Taylor sing again next Tuesday night. Because next Tuesday, I was sure, the REAL Taylor would be back. He had to be back.

It worked. Taylor was safe until the next week.

Meanwhile: The internet is on fire with Taylor fans disappointed by "Not Fade Away"...they are insisting that this song did not show the ‘real Taylor’…they clamor for a song that shows off his voice…that shows off his feeling…that shows off Taylor.

They complain about song choice song choice song choice. They are angry at whomever is advising Taylor. (Somebody besides Taylor MUST be to blame for that song!! And they must pay!!!)

And who told Taylor to dance all over the place when he as such a great voice? "Just drop the stage antics, Taylor, and SING," the fans cried. "We want to hear your VOICE!" the fans typed on every message board.

Perhaps we, the fans can help Taylor, advise him…we have so many good ideas for songs he could sing that would be PERFECT for him! The song suggestions pour onto the internet…

No comments: